Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Amazing Prayer

In the book The Relationship Principles of Jesus, which is the book we are reading for the 40 days or love series at my church, the author Tom Holladay quoted an amazing prayer from a book written a long time ago. I wanted to share it here. It was written in 1831 in the book The Rise and Progress of Religion in the Soal by Philip Doddrige. This is the prayer:


"This day do I, with the utmost solemnity, surrender myself to thee. I renounce all former lords that have had dominion over me; and I consecrate to thee all that I am, and all that I have; the faculties of my mind, the members of my body, my worldly possessions, my time, my influence over others; to be all used entirely for thy glory, and resolutely employed in obedience to they commands, as long as thou continuest me in life..... To thee I leave the management of all events, and say without reserve, Not my will, but thine be done."

WOW!

No comments: