Wednesday, November 5, 2008

God is big

I woke up this morning sad over the outcome of yesterdays election. It's no secret that I am a Republican and voted for McCain. I disagree with a lot of what the Democratic party stands for and I dislike Obama's "plan for America". So of course I was disappointed with the election. However at the same time I woke up this morning reminded that God is so much bigger than all of this. He is bigger that the President of the United States. And I find peace in the fact that I am lead by him. God is in control, even when I feel that other parts of life are falling apart. That no matter what happens here on this earth, there will be true peace and happiness in heaven. And no election can take that away. God will overcome all of this, and will reign forever in heaven. That is where my peace lies today. That is why I wake up each day. That is what I teach my children. That is why today I have a smile on my face. God is bigger than anything and everything that this world has to offer. Because despite what many belive, he made this world. And someday soon he is coming back.

No comments: