Monday, August 17, 2009

One more week

One week from today I will have a 1st grader, a child in Pre-K and one still at home with mommy. Where did the time go. As a child I always wanted to be a mom. But I always invisioned myself as a mom of babies. I guess I never really though past the diaper stage. Now I am still in the diaper stage as well as the preschooler stage and the "classroom mom" stage. I guess I'll find out what it feels like soon enough.

I have mixed emotions about school starting up again. I have loved this summer. It was just so fun going places with the girls, seeing family, and just hanging out. But at the same time I am looking forward to the routine that comes along with school. By the end of the year I will hate it and be ready for it to be over. But now I am looking forward to dropping the girls off at school, going to the gym, going grocery shopping with just one, and having the girls in bed by 7:30 every night (that we can). I am not looking forward to the rushed schedule of getting Capri to nap between picking up Sage, and picking up Avery. The driving to Winter Haven for gymnastics, dance, and church. Plus doing homework, and bath time all before bedtime.

I am however excited because I loved going to school when I was little. I love the small of crayons and elmer's glue. I love seeing all the backpacks and lunch boxes in cubbies. So I am excited for the girls, because so far Avery has loved school as much as I remember liking it. Even better because so far she hasn't come home crying over anything (like so and so won't play with me). She enjoyed every day. And I am sure Sage will too. Plus I get some great one on one time with my sweet baby Capri who is growing up way to fast.

So like I said, I have many mixed emotions. :)

No comments: