Friday, February 18, 2011

Buckling down AGAIN!

With swimsuit season quickly approach in the sunshine state I am realizing more and more that I have a little extra weight or more importantly jiggling than I would like. So I am once again buckling down. I really think it's important to do from time to time. Sure it would be better if I just ate healthy and got regular exercise all the time, but as most of you know, that just doesn't happen. So I am buckling down again. I'm saying good bye to sugar and "white" foods and embrassing, lean proteins, veggies, and fruit. I will add back in healthy carbs after some time, but really it's best for me to just purge them completely for a bit so that I can detox from them and not crave them so much. This will not be the case on my long run days, I will eat higher level of healthy carbs on those days for the energy but for the most part it's lean meats, and veggies, with fruit as a "treat" each day. I know it's what best for me, and I see results every single time I do it, but it's still not "fun".

On the running side of things. I do my half marathon in 9 days. I am excited and a little nervous. I have come to learn that I don't really like distance running because of the time it takes so after my race I will go back down to running for an hour or less at a time. I also want to increase my strength training and add in biking just for variety. So give me a couple months, then bring on bathing suit season. :)

No comments: