Monday, February 7, 2011

Running

On Saturday I set out to do my weekly long run. I have learned in the last few months that I HATE long runs. It's not so much the running, it's that I just get so bored. And to make matters even worse my Ipod wasn't charged. So I ran for 2 hours and 30 minutes with nothing but my own thoughts. But I did complete 12 miles, which thrills me. Actually I ran 11 miles, and ended up walking the last mile, but I'm still okay with that. I've got 3 more weeks before my half marathon. And I am just happy that I am going through with this experiance. I don't care anymore if I have to walk a small amount of the run (although my goal is to not stop), and I don't care how long it takes me (although my goal is to do it in under 3 hrs). I'm not a fast runner, I am still a little bit overweight and I just don't care that much anymore. I just want to do it to say that I CAN do it. I'm not breaking any records, and I am pretty sure this is the only one I will ever do, but it's still something that I can say I trained for and completed. After this I will go back to shorter runs, and I may add biking one a week just for some fun. But no matter what I do I'm just going to keep moving.

No comments: