Friday, July 25, 2008

God is in control

Do you ever have one of those days where you just have to repeat to yourself "God is in control" over and over again. You can't just say it once because it doesn't sink in the first time. You have to constantly repeat it to yourself. And then in the quiet moments of the day fear, frustration, panic, sadness, whatever it is that is bothering you creeps up again, and once again you have to say "God is in control".

During my prayer time when I am lifting something up to God, sometimes something major, sometimes something small, I imagine myself scooping up the problem with both hands and releasing it into the sky. Kind of like a dove or butterflies at a wedding. Something about the act or mental act of doing something physical helps me really feel the release within myself.

So today in one of those moments where I feel like I'm trapped and don't know the way out, I go to scripture and find......

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6

And I sing to myself "I cast all my cares up on him, I lay all of my burdens, down at his feet, and anytime that I don't know, what to do, I will cast all my cares upon him."

No comments: