Monday, October 13, 2008

We're home

Nick and I just got back last night from our fun filled week in NYC. We did all the tourist destinations while we were there. We saw the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island. We went to the top of the Empire State Building. We went to the Metropolitian Museum of Art. We spend lots of time in Central Park including the Conservatory Garden. We saw Time Square at night, Saint Patrick's Catherdral, and Rockafeller Center. Went to Wall Street, Trinity church, Ground Zero, and South Street Sea Port. We road city buses, the subway and walked until I feet hurt (okay at least mine hurt). We went to the Bronx and saw the New York Botanical Garden, and on our way saw both the old and new Yankey Stadium. We really saw a lot and had a wonderful time. And Capri was perfect the whole trip. Just riding around in the sling and sleeping when she got tired and eatting we stopped and sat down for a few mintues. We couldn't have asked for a better trip. I owe a HUGE thank you to Brent, Rhesa, Braden, and Elana for opening up their home to us for a week, and helping our trip to be so much fun. We enjoyed the time spend with them.

I also owe a huge thanks to my parents and some friends who watched the girls for us while we enjoyed out trip. My mom (and dad for part of the time) watched the girls from Sunday evening until Friday morning. I can't say Thanks enough to her for giving up her week to watch them. I hope my girls will look back with fond memories someday of the memories that they made while staying with my mom, as I do on my stays with my grandparents when I was younger. Tammy watched Sage during the day out at camp while Avery was at school. It's nice to have a friend who can do that. :) Kari watched both girls starting after school on Friday until Sunday after church. Both girls have talked about how much fun they had and asked if they could do it again sometimes. :) It's a big relief to go on a trip and know your children are being well taken care of. Again, thank you all for the help.

I will hopefully post pictures in the next day or two. The girls and I leave on Friday morning to head to Oklahoma for the weekend. I hope to have them up before we leave.

No comments: