Sunday, July 5, 2009

My 5K

I ran my 5K yesterday. My goal was to do it in under 40 minutes. I did it in 37 minutes 58 seconds. Yes 2 minutes faster that my goal and almost 3 minutes faster that me previous best time. I had to walk some of it which I was annoyed with, but I think I ran faster when I was running to make up for the walking. It was hard since I didn't know where the half point was or anything, so I was a bit dissappointed while running, but when I got to the end and realized I still had pleanty of time to finish under my goal I was thrilled. I foud a little extra energy and sped up at the end. Then I was so happy when I looked down at my watch and saw that I did indeed reach my goal. I will be doing more of these in the future. It really was a lot of fun!!

For anyone wanting to give it a try, I say go for it. It's a great feeling of accomplishment.

1 comment:

Megan said...

Way to go on your 5K!!! That is awesome!