Friday, July 3, 2009

Tomorrow

Tomorrow is "the run". Tomorrow and 9 a.m. I will be running my very first 5K. I am a bit nervous. It's not really about the running. I know I will do fine with that part. I've been running for a little over 4 months now. I might now run the whole thing (there in a nasty hill that I might walk up), and I might now run it in less than 40 minutes (my goal), but I know I will do just fine regardless. I think my biggest issue is that I want to enjoy it. I've kind of been working toward this goal for 4 months now, and I want to like it. When I finish tomorrow I want to feel a sense of satisfaction. I want to WANT to run another one. I really want to make running part of my weekly life. That thing that I just "do". So I know that if I have fun tomorrow I will want to do more of these races. Maybe even a 10K someday. So I have been praying about it, and asking for prayer about it. Tonight I am going to get pleanty of rest and do my best tomorrow morning. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: