Tuesday, July 21, 2009

1-2-3

The number of kids each family has is always a hard desicion, and sometimes not even made by us....in our case. We knew we wanted more than one. I always wanted three. My hubby was fine with two. We were in the middle of "figuring out" if we were stopping with 2 when God said "surprise" and sent us #3. And of course we were happy and love her to peices.

For me personally, going from zero children to one child was easy. I wanted to be a mommy for as long as I could remember. We hadn't really planned the timing (well we actually did for my first born but I miscarried right before her and that one wasn't planned). But it worked out great. Avery was a super easy baby, and just a whole lot of fun.

Going from 1 to 2, was much harder. They are 2 years 2 months apart. Sage was a gassy baby so because of that she was upset a lot, not colicy (she didn't scream for hours or anything), but she slept great. I don't know if it was the stress of having two kids or what, but I went through MAJOR post pardum depression. It was worse that most people, other than myself and my hubby, will ever know. I wasn't me for what felt like years and years. It didn't start really until Sage was about 6-8 months old, but it lasted until she was about 16-18 months old. It really was just a hard time emotionally for me, and our marriage. And still to this day is something that I am always aware of.

Going from 2 to 3, knock on wood, has been easy and so much fun. Capri is a happy little thing who rarely cries. Although lately at 16 months old she is showing a bit of a temper when she doesn't get her way. But she sure is full of snuggles and kisses. And with the other two being 6, and 4 it's really pretty nice. I am really enjoying the ages and stages they are in.

But what I have learned from now having three kids is this.

1. For some, like me, having three kids isn't any harder than having two.

2. Each child is different

3. If you haven't had a "difficult" child, you really don't understand what some of us have had to deal with.

4. PPD is real, and VERY hard to deal with

5. I love my kids more than I can express

6. There is nothing better in the world than to see your hubby snuggling/singing to/dancing with, one of your kids.

7. The quickest way to bring tears to my eyes is to listen to my kids say their prayers at night

8. I love being a mommy as much as I thought I would.

9. Being a mommy is the most difficult and rewarding job in the world.

10. Grandparents are lifesavers. :)

1 comment:

My5flutterbies said...

#10.... Oh yeah. I had PPD with Nick, and I hear what you are saying. It is personal and so very real.