Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I gave up soda

I am on day 6 of giving up soda. Last Thursday Feb. 18th 2010 I decided that I needed to overcome my addiction to soda. If I can get over that I can do ANYTHING. There have been LOTS of days that I drank a glass of milk for breakfast and then drank nothing but soda the rest of the day. I would make special stops to get soda. I spent LOTS of money on soda. I thought about soda all the time. Not like dreamed about it, but I was always trying to remember if I had some at home, or if I needed to stop and get some. I would ask Nick to bring some home on his way from work. You get the idea. An addiction. So I gave it up.

It hasn't been easy. I get tired of drinking water, and I don't really want to add in artificially sweetened drink mixes because that's not good for me either. A friend gave me some ideas to add fruit (not a fan of lemons), to see if that would be better. So I am going to give that a try. I do like unsweetened ice tea, and when I get settled in the new house I will make more of that. But until then I will carry my reusable bottle of water with me everywhere I go and hopefully my cravings for soda will lesson with time, and I'll learn to like plain water better.

1 comment:

Megan said...

That is an extremely hard thing to get rid of! I have tried several times without success. One thing I have found that satisfies my soda craving is naturally flavored sparkling water. They have a lot of different flavors. You might give that a try! :) Good luck on that and moving into your new house!