Thursday, December 11, 2008

Christmas lists

We don't "do" Santa at our house, but at school Avery has been asked to make a list for Santa on a couple different occasions. She has the hardest time coming up with stuff that she wants which I think is cute. I gave her a few "suggestions" and she liked those. :) Sage however is very consistant that she wants a "Horse house" aka Stable. If anyone asks her that's what she tells them. She also wants "that color thing on TV", which is a Crayola light paint brush. Capri on the other hand doesn't want or need anything.

Avery is really getting into the giving of gifts this year. She got Nick and I something at her school Christmas shop, those things are both surprises. And last night at Awana she came home with a set of "hangy down" earrings for me (she knows she can't wear them), and a seed set for Nick since he "knows about plants and stuff". She has a very sweet heart.

I want, and I mean really want a wii. We aren't getting one of course but if there were a Santa that's what I'd be asking for.

Nick is getting a couple of small surprise gifts from me which I am very excited about.

All in all Christmas morning is going to be a blast around our house! I can't wait.

And best of all if you ask Avery (or Sage but she's 3) why we celebrate Christmas and give gifts she says "It's Jesus' birthday, and God gave the best gift of all, his son Jesus". So no matter what is wrapped and under out tree Christmas morning I am happy to say that as best as they can at this age, I do think my girls "get it", which is a pretty great gift for me.

No comments: