Sunday, April 12, 2009

Exercise

I never really thought I could say this and I am still a bit hesitant, but I finally belive that I have a routine going with my exercise. In the past 6 wks I have run 14 times. I haven't missed a day except for when I was sick and running a fever. I have had to rearrange my schedule to fit it in. I have had to work it out with my mom to watch the kids when Nick was out of town. I've even run as the sun was setting. I started week 5 tonight and was actually able to complete it without stopping (3- 5 minute runs). And although I am going to repeat week 5 day 1 again on Tuesday I think I might be able to do week 5 day 2 soon.

Now the second part of this is that I need to get the eatting undercontrol. I am in a new "weight decade" as my friend calls it. I haven't seen these numbers in over 7 years. But as Nick pointed out to me today (and he was joking with me, it was in a very nice context). I am always coming up with reasons I should be allowed to eat more. For example my excuse from today was that you can't count calories on a holiday (Easter).......lol And although I am not going crazy, thus my continual weight loss, I am still not doing the best that I can. I know if I keep up with the running, AND watch what I eat I will find sucess much quicker. It's still easier said than done. Plus a friend on facebook even pointed out that "When I exercise and eat well I feel better". It's possible to KNOW this but still not follow it. So I know a lot of you are praying for me and I really appreciate it, and I still need the prayers when it comes to the running, since I still have a long way to go. But I could also use some special prayers for my eatting habbits. It's no fun to say no to sugar, and eat more fruits and veggies, but as I tell Avery all the time "sometimes you have to do things you don't want to do".

2 comments:

Donna said...

Girl, you have inspired both Paul and me to start the "Couch 2 5k" program! I see you just whittling down and I know I can do something about these extra pounds hanging around since KID 2 was born.

Thanks for the inspiration!

As for the eating, I just try to keep the junk out of the house, since my willpower gets very low at certain times of the month! We have sweet potatoes or brown rice as a side instead of white rice, and we try to stick to whole grains for pasta, bread, and pizza dough. My weakness is ice cream and chocolate.

I tend to do best when I eat breakfast and indulge in a healthy snack along with my kiddos.

btw: your Little One was such a doll in French class today, and S. was so patient when we were passing the ball around! Your girls are absolutely beautiful!

Jill White said...

I'm soo proud of you Lindsay! Remember you are modeling behavior for your children in everything you do and EAT. (That always keeps me in check at snack time.) It's easier to open a bag of chips, but well worth the effort to peel a carrot, apple, or cucumber and see me kids enjoy a healthy snack too!