Sunday, April 19, 2009

I had my doubts......

Today was C25K week 5 day 3 run for me, which was a 20 minute non-stop run. I really had my doubts about it when I started but I thought I'd give it my best shot. There are 2 small hills on the route that I prefer to walk up (to save my ankles and knees), and other than those two hills (that added up to 45 seconds), I ran the whole way. Then on my walk back home I ran down one of those hills so I really ended up running about 30 seconds shy of 20 minutes non-stop. I really really really thought that I was going to have to stop early or take a break, so I am so amazed that I was able to do it. Now I must stop right here and say that my prayer through most of the run was "I don't have the strength Lord so I need yours". So I do have to give all the glory to God for allowing my body to do what I was so hoping it was capable of doing. He created it so of course he knows what it's capable of doing. :) 7 weeks ago when I started I ran for 60 seconds, and walked for 90 seconds and repeated that 6 times. My first day back I said "that was the hardest thing I've had to do in a long time"..........and 7 weeks later I was able to run for 20 minutes non-stop. So for anyone out there who wants to get into any kind of shape and things it's impossible then I say go ahead an give it a try. Start slow (I run at a snails pace), but don't let that stop you. I am still 40 lbs overweight, and it's still the hardest thing I've done in a long time. But I am still in shock that I am making progress.

No comments: