Sunday, June 7, 2009

Great day

Saturday: Saturday I went on a 3 mile walk, and 1 mile run. It was super hot outside but it was still really nice. I've got 4 more weeks until my 5K and I am working super duper hard on my weight loss right now too. I am feeling great! After lunch we headed to some friends of ours for a nice afternoon swim and cookout. After dinner we played Phase 10 and just had fun laughing with them.

On Sunday: I got to sleep until 8 a.m. Then we went to an awesome worship service at our church. They did a "Celebrate Recovery" service, and we got to hear some amazing testomony about God's grace, and changed lives. We had a nice lunch with my parents, and then came home and I got a load of laundry started. Then a friend picked me up, we picked up another friend and headed to the movies. The movie was funny and we got a great laugh. Then we went to dinner and just got to sit and chat.

I really just had a nice weekend. Every once in awhile it's nice to just slow down and spend time with our family, friends, and get a few things done around the house. It's a nice break from the weekly chores and errands that need to be done. It's refreshing. Praise God for giving us some really great friends to enjoy weekends like this with.

No comments: