Monday, June 22, 2009

Single parents

I am a "single parent" this week. Nick left this morning for a work trip to St. Louis. He will stay in a fancy hotel, and get up early and stay up late, going to work meetings, tours of gardens, and "networking" with other Horticulturist. I will be home with 3 little girls who want to be contantly entertained (and yes I am sure they get that from me.) :) Tomorrow is my 29th birthday and I will spend it going to the free movie at the mall with the girls. I think we are going to go see the Veggie Tales movie. :) Then tomorrow night my parents are taking me out to Olive Garden (my pick), and I will end the day with a run. The rest of the week we have MOPS swim day at the Y, gymnastics lessons, MOPS playdates, a beach day with my parents, shopping for clothes (my gift from my parents), and 3 services of church. And you know what I am thrilled. I am happy that my dh has a job that sends him off to learn more and meet new people. I am happy that I get to spend so much time with my kids doing stuff that they enjoy. I am happy that I have family and friends to hang out with while he is away. I am just feeling very blessed.

Oh I am also happy that my dh bought me a netbook before he left. :) I am using it right now.

And tonight when I ran to the store Avery wanted to pick out a birthday card for me from her and one from Sage (Sage was at gymnastics at the time). And they spent an hour coloring and writing me notes that I will get to see tomorrow at dinner. For that I feel incredibly blessed!

I hope today you have had a chance to find the blessings in your life.

No comments: