Monday, June 29, 2009

Think like a thin person.....

I am reading a book called "The Dr. Beck diet solution"......learning to think like a thin person. I am also going through it with my Wellness coach each week. It's been wonderful so far. I have to read my reasons for losing weight every morning. I have to follow her tips daily, and plan my eatting and exercising. I can use any "diet" I want, along with her program. It's been simple to do and a lot of fun. I lost 6 lbs in the first 3 weeks so it's working. :)

As of this past week I have lost 36lbs, and 3 dress sizes. I went shopping on Saturday with birthday money and got some really cute clothes. It was actually fun to go shopping for the first time in a long time.

I am running my first 5K on Saturday. I am totally nervous because I am afraid that I won't do as well as I had planned. I am doing so much better than I was when I first started running, but when I begin to compare myself to others I realize how far I still have to go. Which bums me out. That's true with most every aspect of weight loss. The "it's not fair" syndrome. Which I talked about a few posts ago. Each day is a new day and I am taking one step at a time. And honestly I am really enjoying myself along the way. It's just a struggle that I will deal with for awhile.

So please keep on praying. I know that I have asked that a lot but it's all I know to do in a time of struggles. I want this to be a permanent change in me. I know I will always have to keep in in check, but I want a thin active lifestyle from her on out. For both me and my family.

2 comments:

Angela said...

Happy belated birthday!!! You go girl, 36lbs is AWESOME!!!!! I'm so excited for you to run your first 5K--you are going to do great! don't waste too much time comparing yourself to the fastest ones there . . . just think about the person you were a year ago and how far you've come. Congrats--it looks like you've broken through your weightloss wall and are going strong!!!

Megan said...

I will be praying for you and your 5k! That is so awesome that you are even attempting it! I love the feeling of trying on a smaller size and actually liking how I look in it! I went through a phase after having Cannon that I was the heaviest I have ever been and it was hard to adjust to, but now I have lost that weight and feel so much better! But you know as women we will always have a little more we want to lose! Haha! Good luck!