Monday, June 8, 2009

Summer

Today feels like the first officialy day of summer break. We had a crazy weekend that just kind of meshed with last week, so it didn't feel like summer break.

So this morning I took Avery and Sage to VBS at the Presb. Church. Avery was super excited because Callie was in her group. And Sage's little friend from MOPS was in her class. So I had happy girls. They really had a great time. While they were there I put Capri in the stroller and walked the lake trail. From start to the end and back it's 5 miles and I did the whole thing. I plan on doing this every day this week.

After I picked up the girls from VBS we went to the library. Avery got her very first library card, and she got a summer reading log. We checked out some books for both girls. If they read 10 books a week they can turn in the log and get a prize. I also started Avery on her summer homework packet which she is having fun doing. :)

So I'd say our summer is off to a really great start. Exercise, friends, fun, warm weather, school work, books, library....... Doesn't get much better than that.

No comments: